Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have a wireless internet connection. I can't connect with either Firefox or IE without being

This is a problem that, literally, happened overnight. Yesterday we were able to access the internet through Firefox or IE but today neither will see the connection without being signed into AOL first. Yahoo Messenger and AIM can see the connection just fine. Does anyone out there know what happened and how I can fix it. We are running a Dell Latitute C610 with Windows XP Service Pack 2.



I have a wireless internet connection. I can't connect with either Firefox or IE without being on AOL.?windows themes





How do you connect to the internet? Thru AOL, then start AOL and then after it is up and running start IE or Firefox. If thru a different provider, change the settings in IE and Firefox.



I have a wireless internet connection. I can't connect with either Firefox or IE without being on AOL.?internet explorer 7 internet explorer



IE and Firefox are browsers, so you need the ISP connection.



It sounds like you need to check the



Start%26gt;Connect To%26gt;



settings on your pc. the wireless needs to be on automatic. If you connect up and then go to the AOL (I assume is your service provider) page and have a live chat with tech support, they will help sort it out for you. My ISP starts in the background and I use FF for everything.



Alternatively, try a restore to yesterday's settings, see if that clears it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment