Saturday, April 24, 2010

My nephews msgr auto logs on when i sign in how do i make it stop? WinXp, IE Ver 6.0 msgr Ver 7.5.03

My computer now automatically opens messenger when i log into my desktop %26amp; signs in under my nephews' name. He has locked in his email address %26amp; password. How do I remove this? I am using WinXp with service pack 2, IE Ver 6.0, MSN Msgr Ver 7.5 build 7.5.0322.



My nephews msgr auto logs on when i sign in how do i make it stop? WinXp, IE Ver 6.0 msgr Ver 7.5.0322 tx?ireland





Right click on the lil green man down in the bottom right.



From here, select "sign out"



Right click again, and you will see "open messenger" - select that.



Here, you should see your nephews sign in details. You can, from here, click the "forget me" option, and hey presto, is details are now gone!



My nephews msgr auto logs on when i sign in how do i make it stop? WinXp, IE Ver 6.0 msgr Ver 7.5.0322 tx?microsoft outlook internet explorer



go to tools-%26gt;options-%26gt;general. untick Automatically run Messenger when i log on to windows
There should be a cancle button. Then the screen pops up with options unmark the box for automatic login
use msconfig in start%26gt;run%26gt;click on goto startup only and disable yahoo features click accept reboot.
With messenger open, follow these instructions to disable startup:



1. Click TOOLS then 'options' on the top messenger toolbar



2. Next click "General" on the left side menu



3. Uncheck the box that says "Automatically run messenger when I log onto windows"



4. Click "apply" at the bottom



Then exit out of messenger and restart your computer to see if the problem is solved.
Yes, I would try MSCONFIG first.



But you should also STOP letting your nephew from using your computer. He'll WRECK IT, and your computer will be DEAD. Will his parents PAY to fix your computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment