Saturday, April 24, 2010

Using my dsl modem and Netgear router, I can connect to the internet thru AOL but not thru IE?

I can connect to the internet using aol, but if I try to connect directly using IE it will not go through. Is there some setting or do I need to reset the router? This is happening almost everyday. Thanks for the help, John



Using my dsl modem and Netgear router, I can connect to the internet thru AOL but not thru IE?windows movie maker





This isn't a problem with the router. Obviously you have an internet connection.



I'm assuming you use the aol browser. When you open it, do you have to sign in? If so, the problem is that you aren't yet signed in when you open IE.



Sign-in should be done on the modem or on the router so that you can use any browser.



If you don't have to sign in to the aol browser, but IE doesn't work, check and see if you're working offline in IE. In IE, look at File and see if Working Offline is checked. If so, uncheck it.



Using my dsl modem and Netgear router, I can connect to the internet thru AOL but not thru IE?microsoft project internet explorer



I do not know a lot about AOL. (Cause I hate them.) But, i assume you've paid for there cable internet thing. It may just be them blocking you from using your IE and making you use there web browser (So they can track you easier).



They do it with AIM! (AOL instant messenger) http://www.aim.com/tos/privacy_policy.ad...

No comments:

Post a Comment