Saturday, April 24, 2010

What is the Isle of Wight like for the elderly ie walking etc?

Hello '



I am thinking about visiting the IOW, .I am now in my 70s quite fit but not all clever on my legs ,question is the island suitable for the elderly ie strolling about site seeing etc.I would be coming by car ,so getting from A to B would be no problem as long as the street are not to steep ,



Thank you Bob



What is the Isle of Wight like for the elderly ie walking etc?windows explorer





We went to the isle of Wight with my elderly parents a few years ago we loved it , There are some hills but if you stay in Shanklin there is a big lift by the side of the cliff to take you up the hill to where there are a lot of hotels, There is also a small train to take you about so its a ideal place for the elderly , There is also a firm which rents out Mobility scooters and wheelchairs for your holiday , We hired a wheelchair they delivered it to our hotel and picked it up , I think they were called Island Mobility but book if possible in advance, I hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did



What is the Isle of Wight like for the elderly ie walking etc?microsoft zune internet explorer



Should be ideal - there are less cars to run you over!

No comments:

Post a Comment