Sunday, November 29, 2009

My mailto: function doesn't work with yahoo, what's up ? it will invoke yet another ie ins

it brings up a second ie instance and invokes the compose window but doesn't fill out the to: field. what's up



My mailto: function doesn't work with yahoo, what's up ? it will invoke yet another ie instance and?windows xp themes





I've solved this problem in any browser that supports user javascripts (Opera, Flock or Firefox with Greasemonkey installed, Safari with Creammonkey, IE with Trixie installed, etc.). Note: I have only tested Flock and Opera, but it should work with the others if you install the proper extensions. . .



I wrote a little greasemonkey script to interpret mailto: links as Yahoo! Mail links. You can download the script (yMailTo) at the link below, along with the extension for your appropriate browser.



I hope this helps! It works for any webmail service, but Yahoo! is the default.



My mailto: function doesn't work with yahoo, what's up ? it will invoke yet another ie instance and?download windows media player internet explorerThis greasemonkey script is great, but it doesn't work with the new Yahoo! Mail beta (candygram) unfortunately. Report It


I've had problems with mailto: and Yahoo! Mail. Sometimes when I click on such things it opens up 60+ IE windows. Mailto, at least on my computer, likes it when you have Outlook set up. If you have an Outlook account set up, go to Tools =%26gt; Internet Options =%26gt; Programs and select Outlook for the Email setting. Otherwise, I always just copy the email then use my Yahoo !Toolbar to go to my email, it's just about as fast. Hope that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment